Tuesday 29 May 2012

March 2012 - A Rainy Day



 Once again we received a great example of what can happen in an area where it is assumed that drains are not necessary.

In a previous posting I showed how the water built up right next to our apartments to such an extent that the pool and tennis courts were submerged.

In this latest incident, heavy rain had been falling all night. Whilst preparing to leave for my Computer Group meeting I received several telephone calls either advising that it would be safer to stay at home and not try to get to our meeting place, or else asking if the meeting was still on as the person ringing was flooded out.

I decided that it might be better to stay at home and so I contacted as many members as possible and advised them of the cancelled meeting.

The next day the pictures started to appear of the damage and abandoned cars caused by the heavy rains so my little sports car would not have stood a chance.

We have here two pictures of a stranded 4x4 which has tried to cut the corner and has ended up in one of the ditches which were dug specifically to take care of flood water during heavy rains. How ironic is that?



The venue for my Computer Group meeting is just around the corner from this roundabout!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~